Beakernight is tonight.
I was out this afternoon as the robots were getting set up for the music concert in East Village. The kids will love it and so will the adults. It all starts at 8pm and will cover the area around Olympic Plaza, East Village, the RiverWalk and Victoria Park.
What you will see tonight:
- Fortune telling Chinese cat (see https://homeofthemuses.wordpress.com/2013/09/13/excitement-galore/)
- Robots playing music
- Sound installations
- Interactive glowing sculptures
- Poetry reading
- Outdoor lab experiments
- Engineered eats
- A 1000kg mechanical spider (see https://homeofthemuses.wordpress.com/2013/09/13/excitement-galore/)
- An LED light painting station
- Lights, robots and rockets
- Raygun Gothic Rocketship (see https://homeofthemuses.wordpress.com/2013/09/13/will-there-be-liftoff/)
- Live DJs
- Dance Party with costumes encouraged
Come for the fun. Stay for the dancing and party!!!
It will be a plethora of sensory overload!!! How awesome is that!!
Remember also that tomorrow is the final day of Maker Faire YYC at Alberta College of Art and Design from 10:00am – 5:00pm (see http://www.makerfaireyyc.ca/)
Oh, oh, OH, Oh!!!
And the Catharsis Catapult is happening to see how far you can toss your crap (or your ex’s crap) using a catapult on the grounds of Fort Calgary between 1:00-3:00pm.
How much more awesome is when you put it all together!!!! It might almost be as awesome as Nuit Blanche was last year!